Zoek & vind
Bel mij terug
CCIE Wireless (CCIEW Wireless)
The Cisco CCIE Wireless certification assesses and validates wireless expertise. Candidates who pass the CCIE Wireless certification exams demonstrate broad theoretical knowledge of wireless networking and a solid understanding of wireless local area networking (WLAN) technologies from Cisco, the market leader in WLAN technology.
Benefits of CCIE Certified Wireless Certification
- Greater opportunity for salary increase and job advancement in wireless networking industry
- Validates expertise in major aspects of WLAN technology
- Provides next step for individuals interested in a career in managing or working with Cisco wireless technologies
The Cisco CCIE Wireless certification validates that a professional has the expertise to design and manage wireless networks and to make mission-critical and business-critical wireless network decisions.
By passing the Cisco CCIE Wireless certification exams, individuals demonstrate broad theoretical knowledge of wireless networking and a solid understanding of Cisco wireless LAN technologies.
There are no formal prerequisites for CCIE certification. Other professional certifications or training courses are not required. Instead, candidates must first pass a written qualification exam and then the corresponding hands-on lab exam. You are expected to have an in-depth understanding of the topics in the exam blueprints and strongly encouraged to have three to five years of job experience before attempting certification. You can review the exam preparation materials included on this page for more information.
Step One: CCIE Wireless Written Exam
You must pass the two-hour, written qualification exam covering concepts and equipment commands before you are eligible to schedule the lab exam.
Written Exam Information
Schedule and Pay for Written Exam
Step Two: CCIE Wireless Lab Exam
The eight-hour lab exam confirms that you have the job skills and technical knowledge required of a wireless expert-level network professional. You must make an initial attempt of the CCIE lab exam within 18 months of passing the CCIE written exam. If you do not pass the lab exam within three years of passing the written exam, you must retake the written exam before being allowed to attempt the lab exam again.
Lab Exam Information
Schedule and Pay for Lab Exam
350-050 CCIE Wireless Written Exam
CCIE Wireless Lab Exam
Active CCIE status shows your commitment to maintaining expert-level knowledge in an industry critical to the success of virtually every organization. CCIEs are encouraged to continually expand their technical knowledge and are required to pass a recertification exam every two years. If you do not complete your recertification before the deadlines, your CCIE certification will be suspended and you and your employer will lose the benefits associated with your expert status. You have one year to reinstate your CCIE status before you become inactive and must begin the certification process all over again.
Your recertification deadline can be viewed online anytime (with login) at Certification Status. Subsequent recertification deadlines are always based on your original certification date, not on when you took your last recertification exam.
To maintain active status, every 24-months CCIEs are required to pass one of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam OR CCIE Lab Exam or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications.
- CCIE certification automatically extends other Cisco Certifications, such as CCNP or CCNA.
- Candidates can only apply one passed written exam towards recertification for every 24 month recertification period.
- Candidates must wait five calendar days between attempts at the written exam.
- Certification candidates are responsible for keeping track of their certification expiration dates. Please plan your recertification accordingly. If your CCIE recertification requirements are not completed on or before the certification's expiration date, your CCIE certification will be suspended for one year. Candidates have one year to recertify their CCIE certification by passing the required written exam. If a candidate does not recertify prior to the one year deadline and your employer will be notified. Suspended candidates have one year to recertify their CCIE certification by passing the required written exam or practical lab before their expert level certification becomes permanently inactive. Inactive CCIE professionals lose all benefits and must pass both the CCIE written and lab or CCDE written or practical exams again.
- Achieving or recertifying CCIE automatically extends your active Entry, Associate, Professional or other Expert level certification(s), or Specialist certifications up to the expiration date of the latest CCIE, CCDE or CCAr certification achieved.
- Be sure to use the same ID number you were assigned for your original qualification exam to ensure your profile is updated accurately. If you have any questions about which ID number to use, contact CCIE support.
Recertification Exams Available
Written exams are two-hour, multiple-choice exams available at any worldwide Pearson VUE testing center. Schedule and pay for exams online with the testing vendor.
CCDE Design Written Exam: #352-001
CCIE Data Center Written Exam: #350-080
CCIE Routing & Switching Written Exam: #350-001
CCIE Security Written Exam: #350-018
CCIE Service Provider Written Exam: #350-029
CCIE Service Provider Operations Written Exam: #350-060
CCIE Storage Networking Written Exam: #350-040
CCIE Voice Written Exam: #350-030
CCIE Wireless Written Exam: #350-050