At the pinnacle of the Data Center certification track is the 1-day JNCIE-DC practical exam. This exam is designed to validate the networking professionals’ ability to deploy, configure, manage, and troubleshoot Junos-based platforms. Throughout this 8-hour practical exam, candidates will build a data center network consisting of multiple MX Series and QFX Series devices. Successful candidates will perform system configuration on all devices including management capabilities, a Clos IP fabric, EVPN/VXVLAN, DCI, and CoS features.
Exam topics may include:
- Layer 2 Underlay
- Layer 3 Underlay
- Controllerless Overlay
- Date Center Interconnect (DCI)
- Class of Service (CoS)
Exams and recommended training
- Exam code: JPR-980
- Lab Exam (Hands-on Lab)
- Held at selected Juniper Networks testing centers
- Exam length: 8 hours
- Junos Software Release:
- MX80 3D Universal Edge Router: 17.1
- QFX5100 Ethernet Switch: 14.1
- vMX 3D Universal Edge Router: 15.1
- vSRX Services Gateway: 12.1
- As for JNCIP-DC plus additional training as individually required.
The JNCIE-DC is valid for three years. Recertification is achieved by passing the current version of the JNCIP-DC exam or by attending a corresponding course.