This course will benefit technical professionals who support, install deploy or administer Check Point products, and who perform advanced deployment configurations of Check Point products. This 5-day course combines the content of the CCSA and CCSE courses over 5 days (instead of 6).
Please note that his course is not for new users to Check Point – previous certification/experience is required.
Who should attend
- Technical professionals who support, install, deploy or administer Check Point Software Blades.
- Expert users and resellers who need to perform advanced deployment configurations of Check Point Software Blades.
- One-year experience on Check Point products.
- Working knowledge of Windows and/or UNIX, network technology and the Internet
- Previous attendance/certification on CCSA
- This course is not for new users to Check Point – previous experience is required.
- Know how to perform periodic administrator tasks
- Describe the basic functions of the Gaia operating system
- Recognize SmartConsole features, functions, and tools
- Describe the Check Point Firewall infrastructure
- Understand how SmartConsole is used by administrators to grant permissions and user access
- Learn how Check Point security solutions and products work and how they protect networks
- Understand licensing and contract requirements for Check Point security products
- Describe the essential elements of a Security Policy
- Understand the Check Point policy layer concept
- Understand how to enable the Application Control and URL Filtering software blades to block access to various applications
- Describe how to configure manual and automatic NAT
- Identify tools designed to monitor data, determine threats and recognize opportunities for performance improvements
- Identify SmartEvent components used to store network activity logs and identify events
- Know how Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPN deployments and communities work
- Explain the basic concepts of ClusterXL technology and its advantages
- Articulate Gaia system management procedures
- Explain how to perform database migration procedures
- Articulate the purpose and function of Management High Availability
- Describe how to use Check Point API tools to perform management functions
- Articulate an understanding of Security Gateway cluster upgrade methods
- Discuss the process of Stateful Traffic inspection
- Articulate an understanding of the Check Point Firewall processes and debug procedures
- Describe advanced ClusterXL functions and deployment options
- Explain how the SecureXL acceleration technology enhances and optimizes Security Gateway performance
- Describe how the CoreXL acceleration technology enhances and improves Security Gateway performance
- Articulate how utilizing multiple traffic queues can make traffic handling more efficient
- Describe different Check Point Threat Prevention solutions for network attacks
- Explain how SandBlast, Threat Emulation, and Threat Extraction help to prevent security incidents
- Recognize alternative Check Point Site-to-Site deployment options
- Recognize Check Point Remote Access solutions and how they differ from each other
- Describe Mobile Access deployment options