Who should attend
- Infrastructure Architects
- Network Architects
- Security Architects Infrastructure Specialists / Network Specialists / Security Specialists
- Solution Architects
- Technology professionals who are seeking a more thorough understanding of how to assess, design and deploy technology solutions in order to enhance business outcomes.
- Knowledge and understanding of business analysis principles and techniques
- BCS Certificate in Business Analysis Foundations, or equivalent
- Five or more years of experience as an IT infrastructure professional with responsibilities of a broader scope of technology delivery
- Experience of interacting with business stakeholders and/or applications management personnel within IT, the Line of Business (LoB), or 3rd parties
- Understand the forces that are driving business change and the role IT in business transformation
- Learn how technology trends impact the value of the business
- Understand the business context in which technology solutions are implemented to drive business value
- Develop the skills to identify critical success factors, key performance indicators, and success metrics for technology solutions
- Implement business analysis techniques to understand business requirements and technology solutions
- Learn the financial and budgeting aspects of technology solutions
- Describe the best practices and methodologies that influence the adoption, implementation, and roll-out of technology solutions
- Apply techniques and best practices for communicating with and influencing stakeholders
Executives rely on IT to drive business outcomes through staff within a central IT group or Line of Business. Most C-level leaders cite ‘business transformation and organization change’ as the number one issue that needs more attention.
This course provides you with business-related knowledge and skills to create higher IT value. You can then improve business effectiveness, grow revenue through new products or markets, and improve IT–business understanding. You will learn techniques to understand business operating models, quantify the financial impact of IT decisions, accelerate technology adoption, and translate across IT and non-IT terminology. You will also create real-world, useful outputs through exercises and using best-practice templates. IT professionals recognize the need to adapt: 90% say their future success relies on stronger business skills. “Building Business Specialist Skills” training enables these key abilities and will help you advance your career.