Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) is a high-performance method for forwarding packets through a network enabling routers at the edge of a network to apply simple labels to packets. This practice allows the edge devices to switch packets according to labels, with minimal lookup overhead. MPLS integrates the performance and traffic-management capabilities of data link Layer 2 with the scalability and flexibility of network Layer 3 routing.
This course covers both introductory and advanced MPLS and MPLS VPNs concepts. Configuration, implementation and troubleshooting skills are all included with a significnat focus on the use of labs to consolidate the learners knowledge. At the end of this course you should be able to design, implement and maintain core IP routing network infrastructures.
The latest version of this instructor led training course contains a virtual lab model that allows each student to have their own pod and access the lab 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 90 days from the start of the course.
Dit is een blended learning-training: een training waarin klassikale trainingsdagen worden gecombineerd met begeleide zelfstudie en praktijkopdrachten. Zo leer je efficiënter, effectiever en flexibeler. Lees hier meer over blended learning.
Who should attend
The target audience is Service Provider and Enterprise network engineers that design, deploy and maintain core IP routing network infrastructures.
Primary target audience:
- This course is intended primarily for network administrators, network engineers, network managers and systems engineers who would like to implement MPLS and MPLS Traffic Engineering.
Secondary target audience:
- Network designers and project managers.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Cisco IOS Software configuration
- Configuring and troubleshooting EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS and BGP
- Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in:
- !CI-ICND1-BL and !CI-ICND2-BL
- Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers - Blended Learning (BGP-BL)
Learners will gain design, implementation, and verification skills for a MPLS VPN domain capable of multiple customer sites with managed central services and Internet access.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the features of MPLS
- Describe how MPLS labels are assigned and distributed
- Configure and troubleshoot frame-mode MPLS on Cisco IOS platforms
- Describe the MPLS peer-to-peer architecture and explain the routing and packet-forwarding model in this architecture
- Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot VPN operations
- Describe how the MPLS VPN model can be used to implement managed services and Internet access
- Describe the various Internet access implementations that are available and the benefits and drawbacks of each model
- Describe the tasks and commands that are necessary to implement MPLS Traffic Engineering