IronPort® Channel Partner Training is a two-day training course that provides channel partners with the knowledge required to successfully sell, position, evaluate, install, configure, and administer the IronPort Email Security Appliance (ESA).
Attendees of the course will gain enough knowledge and hands-on practice to enable them prepare to conduct evaluations and close deals, install and configure the appliance, use customer support and channel portal resources. This course also introduces participants to the features and functionalities of the Web Security Appliance. This is an Instructor-Led training that includes demos and hands-on exercises.
Who should attend
Channel Partner Field Engineers seeking to be trained up and certified on the "Email Security for Field Specialist (#650-153 ESFE)" exam. This exam is one which is mandated in order to achieve the Cisco Content Security Field Specialist (CCSFS) Certification, which is a requirements for Partners seeking the Advanced Content Security Specialized Partner status.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Attendees should possess the following background knowledge and or skills:
- Experience with Internet-based messaging, including SMTP, Internet message formats, and MIME message formatting and body parts.
- A moderate knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, including IP addressing and sub-netting, static IP routing, and DNS.
- Familiarity with both command line interface (CLI) and graphical user interface (GUI) configuration of devices.
- A prior experience with IronPort email security appliance is a plus
This instructor-led-training will allow attendees to perform hands-on lab exercises with lecture that emphasizes the following areas:
- How to identify the market opportunity, the competition, and the competitor
- How to use sales promotions and sell the appliance
- How to perform evaluations and create reports
- How to manage sales objections and create evaluation reports
- How to deploy IronPort email security appliances in a typical enterprise email environment, including best practices for installation, and configuration
- How to use Content Filters, email Encryption and Smart Identifiers for Data Loss Prevention DLP.
- How to configure IronPort email security appliances to detect and handle unwanted spam and viruses.
- How to Sign and Authenticate email with Domain Key Identified Mail (DKIM)
- How to use IronPort support and troubleshooting tools