Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Systems and field engineers
- Consulting system engineers
- Technical solution architects
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
- Cisco Integrators
- Cisco Partners installing and implementing the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches
The knowledge and skills that a delegate must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) level-of-knowledge is recommended for students attending the RSCAT6K course.
Upon completing this course, the delegate will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Identify the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series switches product family; specifically the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series switches chassis and components.
- Given a requirement, identify how to plan and implement virtual switch services into the solution
- Evaluate the security features available on the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series switches to identify which features should be implemented in to a solution
- Evaluate the service-level and network-level high availability of the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series switches and how to use the Cisco IOS In-Service Software Upgrade feature
- Understand the processes, tools, and resources for troubleshooting the network infrastructure, interconnectivity, and operations
The course is designed for systems and field engineers, consulting systems engineers, technical solutions architects and Cisco integrators and partners who install and implement the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches. The course covers the key components and procedures needed to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches in the network environment.
Module 1: Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches Architecture
The participant will understand the Catalyst 6500 Series Switches hardware and architecture of chassis and line cards, especially the new Supervisor engine 2T and the line cards for this new supervisor engine as well as the forwarding of packets through a Catalyst 6500.
Module 2: Core Technologies on the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches
Understand the Catalyst 6500 Series Switches core technologies that are specific to these switches, especially the Virtual Switching System 1440/4T and High Availability within the Switches as well as more general technologies like Multicasting, Cisco TrustSec, Network Virtualization and Data Center Interconnect and how these features are implemented within the Catalyst 6500 Series switches.
Module 3: Cisco Catalyst 6500 Monitoring and Operations
This module emphasizes on the management functionalities special to the Catalyst 6500 Series Switches as well as its special hardware implementation of security and quality of service. It finishes with a Lesson that gives the students a review of all the special functions on a Catalyst 6500 Series Switch and its new features.