Modern enterprise networks are larger and more complex than ever before, so it takes a robust and complex system like Stealthwatch to defend them. The same complexity that makes Stealthwatch such a powerful tool can also make it seem intimidating to new users. It is important to understand the system's foundational concepts and terminology before delving into its detailed processes and procedures. Stealthwatch Enterprise Foundations provides a high-level overview of important terms and concepts related to the Stealthwatch product.
Upon completing this module, you will be able to:
- Describe the Stealthwatch System, how it works, and how it adds value.
- Explain network behavior analysis and baselining.
- Summarize how Stealthwatch uses flow to provide network visibility.
- Define the purpose, primary characteristics, and Stealthwatch classifications of hosts and host groups.
- Describe the Stealthwatch detection model.