This 3-day instructor-led, hands-on course brings you the skills and resources required to successfully plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, monitor, and maintain basic Cisco Wireless LAN solutions in a customer enterprise environment. Topics include pre-deployment planning considerations, configuration of autonomous, unified, and FlexConnect architectures, configuration of all base features, including wireless security, the administration of the WLAN network, and maintenance and troubleshooting wireless network issues. The course is written at software code level 7.5.
Who should attend
This course is intended for you if you are an IT engineer or administrator that needs to know the fundamentals about planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining a basic Cisco Wireless LAN infrastructure. This includes installers, SEs, Field Engineers, technical support professionals, network managers, security team members, and administrators.
Prior to taking this course you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Prior completion of Defining Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials course or equivalent work experience (recommended)
- Basic networking skills
- RF/Wireless field experience (helpful)
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Successfully plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, monitor and maintain basic Cisco Wireless LAN solutions in a customer enterprise environment
- Configure autonomous, unified, and FlexConnect architectures
- Configure all base feature sets, including wireless security
- Administer the WLAN network
- Maintain and troubleshoot basic wireless networks