Who should attend
Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x in an on-premises environment moving to the Citrix Cloud and deploying their XenApp and XenDesktop workloads on Microsoft Azure.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Experience deploying and managing XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x in on-premises environment. Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Azure platform including:
- Virtual machine management
- Azure Resource Manager portals
What you’ll learn:
- Understand the differences between XenApp and XenDesktop on-premises and the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- How to install, configure, and manage Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Deploy and manage Virtual Delivery Agent machines to on-premises resource locations as well as in Microsoft Azure using MCS
- Integrate Citrix Cloud and XenApp/XenDesktop with Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Provide remote access with Citrix StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway on Microsoft Azure
This course is a 5-day combination of the modular training offerings Moving to the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service on Citrix Cloud (CXD-250) and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service on Microsoft Azure (CXD-251).
Navigate the move from an on-premises environment into Citrix Cloud and learn to deploy resource locations onto Microsoft Azure. Learn the architecture, communications, and management of Citrix Cloud and the XenApp and XenDesktop Service and then migrate existing infrastructure and settings into Citrix Cloud. Plan machine catalog and virtual machine design based in Microsoft’s public cloud and deploy those machines using Machine Creation Services. Additional Azure considerations include maintenance and power management. Learn to configure Citrix StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway as a service within Citrix Cloud or as managed machines in your datacenter or on the Azure platform for remote access.
This course is currently based on XenApp and XenDesktop 7.13 components and Citrix Cloud.