In today’s enterprise networking environments, the borders have been broken down, bringing with it an ever-changing wave of new devices and cloud-based architectures. Organizations are strained under the requirements of BYOD to allow users to access data and mission-critical applications from anywhere, on any device.
Cisco’s “One Network, One Policy, One Management” philosophy is behind a comprehensive set of solutions underlying the Unified Access architecture. The Unified Access SE Boot Camp v1.0 course is designed to assure System Engineers will be able to provide technical pre-sales engineering, demonstrate the key Cisco competitive advantages, create a network design against customer specifications, and implement Cisco Unified Access solutions that are comprised of key differentiating components, features, and services.
This course presents concepts, wired and wireless platforms, technologies and services that are required for a comprehensive approach to effectively design, manage, and control the access on a Unified Access network. The reference network that is selected as a case study in this course is the fictitious Health To All (HTA) Hospital.
This complete solution starts with Cisco design guides and professional services that lead the learner from planning and design to day-to-day operations at HTA Hospital. The final design represents a comprehensive, secure and high-performance BYOD solution providing the necessary infrastructure, including Wireless access points, Wireless LAN Controllers, Security Appliances, and Network Management Tools. HTA Hospital users vary from Guests to Corporate users and from Employees to Contractors. Users have personal computers and VoIP phones at their desks as well as mobile computers, tablets, and smart phones. The network is used for accessing critical patient data, voice and video traffic, different servers, and for web browsing. This Cisco solution addresses all the requirements of HTA Hospital for building a secure and scalable BYOD network.
Who should attend
- Pre-Sales Engineers at Cisco Partner organizations:
- IMPORTANT—this course will be mandatory for Partners intending to achieve Unified Access Enterprise Networks Specialization.
- Network, Security and Wireless Engineers at Cisco customers implementing the latest Unified Access technology, including Cisco ISE, Prime Infrastructure, Converged Access wireless infrastructure and the full line of Catalyst switches.
- !CI-ICND1 and !CI-ICND2
- Familiarity with 802.1x by attendance of either the four-hour E-learning or the Introduction to 802.1X Operations for Cisco Security Professionals (802.1X) three-day course.
- Understand Cisco’s “One Policy, One Management, One Network” Unified Access vision and strategy
- Create a network design from customer specifications
- Implement the core aspects of Cisco’s Unified Access solutions
- Design and configure the Unified Access wired network foundation
- Implement Cisco Prime Infrastructure (PI) 2.0 to support network management of the Unified Access infrastructure
- Implement Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) 1.2 to provide a policy foundation for the Unified Access infrastructure
- Integrate Converged Access switches (3850) and Wireless LAN Controllers (5760) to support wireless and wired Unified Access infrastructure objectives.
- Secure the Unified Access infrastructure with ISE, SGA and 802.1X
- Leverage Prime Infrastructure 2.0 for Application Visibility and Control on the Unified Access infrastructure
- Describe High Availability (HA) solutions on Unified Access networks
- Perform key Monitoring and Troubleshooting activities and methods
- Implement a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Solution