Who should attend
Generalist SE, Pre-Sales, Architects, Product Sales specialists, Practice Leads (with little to zero background on wireless).
The WLAN market has been growing at a fast pace for the last few years and continues gaining momentum. During this one day onsite training, generalist SEs will learn the about RF fundamentals, Cisco Unified Wireless Architecture portfolio and design, and understand Cisco's competitive advantages as: architectures vs silo'd products approach, resiliency and innovative services (CMX). During the last session students will learn how to deliver customer demos using dCloud service.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Has confidence to start customer conversations on Wireless
- Understand Unified Access Wireless Deployment modes
- Understand why Cisco and how we can beat the competition
- Deliver customer demos using dcloud service
What’s in it for you? Why this training? (45 min)
- Data from the latest VNI
- Magic Quadrant
- What is the “New Normal” for Wireless?
- Evolution of wireless slide
- How Wireless contributes to your paycheck – and what can you lose…
- AP and Controller portfolio and Positioning
- Why we are not talking about Meraki?
Building the Foundations - RF fundamentals (1.15 h)
- Radio Frequency 101 presentation (frequencies, antennas, cleanair, ClientLink, coverage for data, voice and Location, HD), 802.11ac, 802.11 protocols with how it relates to the CxO experience, etc
- RF challenges (some bad example of deployments)
- CCX program
- How to sell Cisco RF superiority
Introduction to Unified Access Wireless Deployment modes (30 mins)
- Unified Access Deployment Modes
- Autonomous IOS
- Why a controller?
- o CAPWAP, RRM, other advantages
- How to sell RRM, and throughput tests vs. competitors
Campus Design and Deployment options and comparison (1 h)
- Unified Wireless Architecture and network design
- Converged Access Architecture and network design
- Tunnels, Roaming, Mobility Groups, AP groups, Guest Access solution
- Controller interfaces (and difference between controllers)
How to sell: Aruba in the Campus
Branch Design and Deployment options and comparison (1 h)
- FlexConnect Modes and details
- Branch with CA
- Branch with local controller
- Similarities and differences
- Hot to sell: Ruckus in the Branch
Open Mic: Uses cases and Vertical solutions (30 min)
Cisco differentiating Controller features (1 hour)
- High Availability (20 mins)
- Application Visibility and Control (5 mins)
- Bonjour Gateway (5 min)
- Integrated Wireless Profiling (5 min)
- IPv6 (2 min)
- aWiPS and ELM (3 min)
- CMX intro and demo (20 min)
- How to sell the differentiating features
dCloud introduction and setup (1 hour)
- dCloud: what for?
- How to use it – setting up your account
Setting up your gift: the 819 router!