This course replaces both the Configuring NetApp E-Series Storage Systems (ESERIESCONFIG) and the Maintaining NetApp E-Series Storage Systems (ESERIESMAIN) course.
Who should attend
This course is designed for Professional Services workers who are NetApp employees, NetApp partners, or NetApp customers.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Basic Windows or Linux administrative experience
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify E-Series product hardware
- Cable and connect E-Series systems to a fabric
- Install the SANtricity client on a storage management station
- Configure an E-Series storage system
- Create usable storage space on an E- Series storage system
- Suggest storage configurations to customers based on basic needs
- Use prominent premium features to restore lost data
- Check E-Series storage system status
- Upgrade and maintain SANtricity and E-Series code levels
- Demonstrate AutoSupport feature
- View and use support data that provides information about E-Series storage systems
- Diagnose management connection issues
- Resolve storage system host-side issues
- Resolve drive failures
- Use SANtricity tools to aid in servicing an E-Series storage system
In this course, you learn how to configure a new E-Series storage system and establish connectivity with a SAN. You use the SANtricity storage management software and command line interface to manage the E-Series controllers. You will also be using prominent premium features to restore data. Additionally, you will learn how to support and monitor E-Series storage systems by performing various troubleshooting tasks, such as evaluating support data, and using the built-in tools to identify storage system errors. Your learning is reinforced through simulations, guided labs, and review questions.