The ProxySG 7.3 Administration with Secure Web Gateway course provides a detailed exploration of the Symantec Secure Web Gateway family of network protection products. It is primarily focused on the ProxySG and its role in providing security and web filtering services, but also includes integrations with Management Center, Reporter, Web Isolation, Content Analysis, and Cloud solutions.
This course assumes that students have a basic understanding of networking concepts, such as local-area networks (LANs), the Internet, security, and IP protocols.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the major functions of the ProxySG as a secure web gateway
- Understand how network security and administrative tasks are enhanced by integrating the ProxySG with the other members of the Symantec Secure Web Gateway family.
Module 1: Introduction to the Symantec Secure Web Gateway.
- Overview of the Symantec Secure Web Gateway family of products.
- Introduction to the ProxySG, including key features, SGOS, the Global Intelligence Network, and management consoles.
Module 2: Intercept traffic and apply policy.
- Proxy services.
- Writing policies in the Visual Policy Manager.
Module 3: Apply security and web usage policy to encrypted traffic.
- Key components of SSL encryption.
- Managing SSL traffic with the ProxySG.
- Integrating the SSL Visibility Appliance.
Module 4: Provide security and web usage policies based on role or group.
- Authentication on the ProxyS.
- Authentication realms, credentials, and modes.
- Authentication in explicit and transparent proxy modes
Module 5: Enforce corporate guidelines for acceptable Internet browsing behavior.
- Determine appropriate use guidelines.
- Write appropriate use policies
Module 6: Protect the endpoint from malicious activity.
- Writing security policies using threat risk levels.
- Ensuring safe downloads.
Module 7: Centrally manage, monitor, and report on security activity.
- Using Management Center to manage ProxySGs.
- Using the SG Admin Console.
- Generating reports in Reporter.
Module 8: Maintaining the ProxySG, Management Center, and Reporter for optimal performance.
- Monitoring the ProxySG within Management Center.
- Using built-in health checks on devices.
Module 9: Prevent malware and phishing threats while allowing broad web access.
- Symantec Web Isolation fundamentals.
- Isolation options for protecting privileged users and defending against phishing attacks.
Module 10: Enhance security by adding virus scanning and sandboxing with Content Analysis.
- Virus scanning and sandboxing with Content Analysis.
- ICAP best practices.
Module 11: Expand security capabilities with cloud integration.
- Integrating Web Security Service.
- Integrating CloudSOC.
- Integrating Secure Access Cloud.