Who should attend
Students interested in learning how to implement ShareFile features using leading practices. Specifically:
- Implementers / Engineers
- Citrix XenDesktop 7 Tips and Tricks
Citrix recommends students prepare for this course by taking the following course:
It is also recommended to gain a basic understanding of the following concepts and technologies:
- Windows Server administration
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
- Microsoft Exchange and Outlook
- Basic Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing
- Basic Networking
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing
- Understand ShareFile architecture
- Navigate the ShareFile administration interface
- Build StorageZones
- Manage ShareFile users in an Active Directory environment
- Integrate ShareFile in an existing Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop environment
- Deploy ShareFile Clients on Windows physical and virtual desktops
- Integrate with Microsoft Outlook using a ShareFile Plug-in
- Monitor and Troubleshooting a ShareFile Environment
Designed for students with little previous ShareFile experience. Learn the skills required to implement ShareFile components including the ShareFile for Windows client, XenApp and XenDesktop client, and StorageZones. Learn to integrate ShareFile with key backend elements including Microsoft ADFS for single sign-on and understand the data flow behind it. Also learn to navigate the ShareFile control plane user interface. At the end of the course students will be able to configure and manage their ShareFile environments to address their Enterprise File Sharing and Sync requirements.
Students looking to deploy or manage ShareFile in their XenApp and XenDesktop environment will find Citrix ShareFile Enterprise Essentials to be a good compliment to CXD-203 Managing App and Desktop Solutions with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6, or CXD-300 Deploying App and Desktop Solutions with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6.
After completion of this course, students looking to expand their knowledge around ShareFile use in a XenMobile environment may consider taking course CXM-303 Deploying Enterprise Mobility Solutions with Citrix XenMobile. It covers broad XenMobile topics and focuses on the use of ShareFile within a Mobility Environment using XenMobile as the Identity Provider (IdP), for single sign-on.