Who should attend
This course is intended for anyone that is preparing for an entry level PC technician position or looking to improve their skills and become CompTIA A+ Certified. However, it goes beyond that and will give you the skills you need to be a better tech on the job.
- Basic familiarity with PCs and networks.
- There are no specific prerequisites as the course covers all the topics in detail.
Students will learn how to:
- Work with CPU, RAM, BIOS, motherboards, power supplies, and other PC components.
- Install, configure, and maintain hard drives.
- Manage input devices and removable media.
- Troubleshoot and fix common PC problems.
- Install video and multimedia cards.
- Work with smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices.
- Install and configure wired and wireless networks.
- Connect to the Internet.
- Install, configure, and manage printers and other peripherals
- Set up, upgrade and maintain all versions of Windows.
- Basics of OS X and Linux.
- Configure and secure mobile devices.
- Protect your PC and your network.
- Work with virtualization technologies.
- Understand safety and environmental issues.