- Knowledge of Cloud Native application concepts and architectures
- Familiarity using a programming language (such as Python, Node.js, Go)
- Understanding of Linux administration skills
- Comfortable using the command line
- Able to edit files using a command-line text editor
- Containerize and deploy a new Python script
- Configure the deployment with ConfigMaps, Secrets and SecurityContexts
- Understand multi-container pod design
- Configure probes for pod health
- Update and roll back an application
- Implement services and NetworkPolicies
- Use PersistentVolumeClaims for state persistence
Kubernetes is a high-velocity open source orchestration tool to deploy, scale, and update containerized applications. This course will teach you how to containerize, host, deploy, and configure an application in a multi-node cluster.
This course will teach you how to containerize, host, deploy, and configure an application in a multi-node cluster. Starting with a simple Python script, you will define application resources and use core primitives to build, monitor and troubleshoot scalable applications in Kubernetes. Working with network plugins, security and cloud storage, you will be exposed to many of the features needed to deploy an application in a production environment.
This course is designed to be vendor- and distribution-neutral, so you will be able to apply these concepts universally.
This course is excellent preparation for the Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) exam.