This course teaches Solutions Architects how to translate business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable solutions. Lessons include design considerations related to logging, cost analysis, authentication and authorization, governance, security, storage, high availability, and migration. This role requires decisions in multiple areas that affect an overall design solution.
Who should attend
This course is for IT Professionals with expertise in designing and implementing solutions running on Microsoft Azure. They should have broad knowledge of IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data platform, budgeting, and governance. Azure Solution Architects use the Azure Portal and as they become more adept they use the Command Line Interface. Candidates must have expert-level skills in Azure administration and have experience with Azure development processes and DevOps processes.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Successful Azure Architects begin this role with experience on operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, networking, applications and databases.
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
- Understanding of Applications development and APIs.
- Understanding of Databases, both SQL such as MS SQL, MySQL or Postgres, and Non-SQL databases like MongoDB.
- Understanding of decoupling Applications and services, for example, Queues, tables, Cache.
- Understanding of Security concepts to protect your environment, like encryption at rest, encryption in transit, SSL, TLS.
Prerequisite Courses (or equivalent knowledge):
- Free online: Azure Fundamentals
- Instructor-led course: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (1 day) (AZ-900T01)
- Prerequisites for Azure administrators
- Recommend solutions to minimize costs
- Recommend a solution for Conditional Access, including multi-factor authentication
- Recommend a solution for a hybrid identity including Azure AD Connect and Azure AD Connect
- Recommend a solution for using Azure Policy
- Recommend a solution that includes KeyVault
- Recommend a solution that includes Azure AD Managed Identities
- Recommend a storage access solution
- Design an Azure Site Recovery solution
- Recommend a solution for autoscaling
- Recommend a solution for containers
- Recommend a solution for network security
- Recommend a solution for migrating applications and VMs
- Recommend a solution for migration of databases
- Design a Compute Solution
- Design a Network Solution
- Design for Migration
- Design Authentication and Authorization
- Design Governance
- Design a Solution for Databases
- Select an Appropriate Storage Account
- Design Data Integration
- Design a Solution for Logging and Monitoring
- Design a Solution for Backup and Recovery
- Design for High Availability
- Design for Cost Optimization
- Design an Application Architecture
- Design Security for Applications