Who should attend
This course is designed for system managers who are new to OpenVMS or OpenVMS system management and who need the skills to manage an existing system.
Completion of the OpenVMS Fundamentals course (TR-1UL101-VMS)
- Describe and use OpenVMS commands to display information about the following key OpenVMS concepts: the hardware/software environment, processes, memory management, logical name translation, and the system disk structure
- Manage public and private volumes on OpenVMS
- Start up and shut down the system
- Manage user accounts
- Get the network up and running
- Manage batch and print queues
- Back up and restore system and user data.
This course provides the system manager who is going to manage an OpenVMS system or cluster the core information and essential skills needed to examine the system, the software and hardware configuration, and the administrative setup already in place. System managers who take over existing systems must first concern themselves with knowing how to find out what devices exist, what the system resources are, what programs run, who the users are, and what kind of overall administrative processes and procedures exist. Then they must be able to assess what they find and make modifications.