Who should attend
- OpenVMS users and programmers
- OpenVMS system managers
- OpenVMS applications programmers
- DBAs with OpenVMS database applications
Basic knowledge of computer use and terms.
To demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of the OpenVMS operating system, students should be able to:
- Describe the OpenVMS operating system environment and command language
- Tailor the user environment using logical names and DCL symbols
- Describe the DCL command language interpreter and use its command line interface
- Develop basic command procedures
- Create a LOGIN.COM command procedure to tailor your login session
This five-day course teaches students how to use the OpenVMS operating system to create, manipulate, and manage files. It discusses how to tailor the user environment using logical names and DCL symbols. The course describes the command language interpreter and the command line interface. Students will be taught to develop basic command procedures and create a LOGIN.COM command file to tailor their login session. HP Course ID: U3716S.