This course extends the NFS information that is found in the ONTAP Cluster Administration course. This course reviews NFS and explores in more detail different NFS versions and the features of ONTAP 9 software that support the NFS protocol. The exercises are accomplished using ONTAP 9 software.
Who should attend
Professionals who implement NFS solutions who use NetApp storage systems.
NetApp employees, channel partners, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) partners, authorized learning partners, and customers.
- ONTAP Cluster fundamentals
- ONTAP Cluster Administration course
- Familiarity with UNIX and Linux operating systems
This course focuses on enabling you to do the following:
- Define and describe NFS protocol versions
- Configure clustered ONTAP 9 for NFSv3,NFSv4,and NFSv4.1 with parallel NFS (pNFS)
- Configure Kerberos in a Linux and NetApp ONTAP 9 environment using Windows Active Directory authentication
- Discuss performance management and troubleshooting for NetApp storage systems and clients