Who should attend
This course benefits individuals responsible for managing Junos devices using the Junos Space software.
- Explain the need for Junos Space software.
- Explain Junos Space architecture.
- Describe the Junos Space GUI.
- Describe the components and applications of Junos Space.
- Explain the Junos Space deployment options.
- Perform the initial installation of a Junos Space appliance.
- Explain the Network Management Platform user interface.
- Describe how Junos Space discovers and manages devices.
- Explore the Network Management Platform.
- Explore the Network Monitoring interface.
- Describe the template user types and template process.
- Describe the creation of quick templates and negative templates.
- Create and apply templates and template definitions.
- Describe service automation benefits.
- Explain Service Now application processes.
- Describe the Service Insight platform settings.
This two-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to manage the Junos Space appliance and manage devices with Junos Space. Students will understand how to install Junos Space into a multinode Space Fabric, as well as learn how to administer and monitor the Fabric. Centralized Junos device management options offered by the Junos Space Network Management Platform will be explored, including configuration backup, synchronization, Junos image distribution, and application of templates. Students will also learn how to use Junos Space applications, such as Service Now and Service Insight.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience with installing Junos Space into a multinode Space Fabric, the administrative environment, monitoring of the Fabric, performing schema updates, and with how to use Junos Space applications. This course uses the Junos Space virtual appliance for the hands-on component and is based on Junos Space Release 13.3R2.6.