Who should attend
NetApp partners that are engaged in the management of an Azure WVD environment or are curious about the benefits that NetApp VDS can bring.
This workshop will demonstrate the benefits of using NetApp VDS to simplify and automate WVD deployment and management in Azure.
This workshop is a cooperation between NetApp and Fast Lane.
Businesses continue to embrace the dynamic of shifting their workforce productivity model from primarily a traditional desktop environment to cloud-driven virtual desktop solutions. Integrating virtual desktop solutions into Azure offers the promise of operational cost efficiencies with the flexibility to support desktop and application access regardless of where the user is physically located…if done right.
NetApp’s Virtual Desktop Service: Your Global Control Plane
NetApp makes virtual desktop provisioning and automation easy. NetApp’s Virtual Desktop Service (VDS) is a global control plane for virtual desktop management that functions as an extension of Azure. With VDS, businesses anywhere in the world can leverage the power of Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) faster, with less risk and cost, as they manage their growing virtual desktop infrastructure.
What are the benefits of using NetApp VDS?
Simplified Virtual Desktop Deployment
- Ease deployment of virtual desktops across Microsoft’s Azure and Windows Virtual Desktop environments
- Accelerate time to workforce productivity through rapid provisioning of workspaces that are synchronized with real-time data, software, and your applications
- Reduce complexity, process flows, and costs due to manual on-premise configuration of individual workspaces
Automated Virtual Desktop Management
- Proactively plan and schedule software updates for all users, no matter where they are located
- Centrally integrate virtual desktop data orchestration, resource allocation, and workload movement seamlessly
- Leverage existing operational scripts for easy transition to automated environments
Optimize and Scale Virtual Desktop Capacity
- Scale workloads globally across multiple Microsoft Azure cloud regions and adapt for surges in virtual desktop users and requirements
- Utilize the Resource Scheduling Engine to program resources to ‘dial up/dial down’ based upon your virtual desktop patterns to reduce operating cost
- Leverage the complete NetApp Cloud Data Services Suite for not only the virtual desktop control plane but also the underlying high-performance storage infrastructure, integrated back-up and compliance features