Cisco e-books: your digital courseware
During your Cisco course you will receive digital courseware. The digital courseware replaces the printed courseware.
A Cisco dBook: how does it work?
When you want to access your digital courseware you will use the Cisco Learning Network Space. You will open your courseware in an eReader in your browser (your courseware will only be accessible online) or in a downloadable eReader for, of (your courseware will be accessible both online and offline). You will be able to highlight texts, take notes, bookmark and use the full text search before, during and after the course. Please note: the highlights you make and the notes you take will not be synchronized between the online and offline eReaders.
Would you like to know more about the online and offline eReaders? Read the. (Free Online Courses > Cisco Learning Network Space Reader User Guide)
Our advice: take your tablet, e-reader or laptop to the classroom
We are recommending you to take your own tablet, e-reader or laptop to the classroom, if possible, to be able to open your courseware on your own device. Isn't that an option for you? Don't worry: in that case you will open your courseware at one of the PC's in the classroom.
- Before the start of the course you will receive a code. The code will be sent to the same email address as the Course Registration Confirmation has been sent to. You will have to use this code to download the courseware. Please note this code can only be used once. Therefore, make sure the code is used by the student who will attend the course!
- Make sure you carefully check the below System Requirements before using the code. After using the code, you won't be able to use the code again. Not even when technical issues occur.
- You can print up to 10 pages in each guide within a course. Please note that every time you click the 'Print' button, this counts as one page printed, whether or not you click 'OK' in the Print dialog. Digital rights management (DRM) does not allow the copying of course content to the clipboard.
For the Cisco Learning Network Space and the online eReader
- Internet connection
- Memory requirement: 4 GB RAM
- Windows XP SP3, Windows 7, Windows 8. (Browsers: Firefox 19+, Chrome 18+, Internet Explorer 10+)
- Mac OS X 10.6.8+, 10.7.x, 10.8.x. (Browsers: Firefox 19+, Chrome 18+, Safari 5.1.7+)
For the Cisco eReader for Windows
- x86 en x86_64
- Windows 7 (all versions), Windows 8+
Cisco eReader for iPad
- iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini
- iOS 6.1.3 and above
Cisco eReader for Android
- Nexus 7, Nexus 10
- Android 4.2 and above
- 1.2 GHz Quad Core processor, 2 GB RAM
How to get access to your digital courseware in 6 simple steps
- Don't you have a CCO ID yet? .
- Use your CCO ID to log in onto the .
- Click 'My Content' in the top right.
- Copy the access code that has been provided to you approximately 7 days before the start of the course and paste the code in the field under 'Redeem your access code here'.
- You can find your courseware under the 'My Content' button, together with any digital courseware you might have received earlier for other Cisco courses.
- Start the eReader by clicking on the title of the courseware under 'My Content'.
Are you experiencing any problems? Please contact Cisco:
- In case of system usage questions, please send an email - preferably with a detailed description and screenshots - to LearningSpace@external.cisco.com.
- In case of Cisco Learning Network Space problems please open a Support Case at Cisco and provide them with a detailed description and screenshots. Open a support case by clicking 'Support' at the bottom left of the 'My Content' page.
Is there anything that I should do before logging in to Cisco Learning Network Space for the first time or before redeeming an access code?
If you registered your CCO ID a while ago, ensure that the email address associated with your CCO ID is up to date. This will allow us to reach you in case you have any inquiries or need help from our Support Team. Log in to , click Account and then click Profile Manager. Once in the Cisco.com Profile Manager, you can update the Email field with your current email address.
How much can I print?
You can print up to 10 pages in each guide within a course. Please note that every time you click the Print button in the book, this counts as one page printed, whether or not you click OK in the Print dialog. Please also be aware that this digital version is designed for online use, not for printing.
Can I copy part of the course document to the clipboard?
No, digital rights management (DRM) does not allow the copying of course content to the clipboard.
Can I copy my page notes or highlight comments to the clipboard?
Yes, your annotations belong to you, so you may copy them to the clipboard. To copy your highlight comments, go to the edit box for each comment and copy from there. There are several ways to copy your page notes: Go to the edit box for each page note and copy from there, click Export to export them all at once, or click Print Notes to print them all at once. For more information, please see the attached document at the bottom of this page: Student Portal & eReaders.
Can I download content and study offline?
Cisco eReader for Windows and for iPad are available for offline study. To download Cisco eReader for Windows, log in to , click Download Application, then click Get the Application, and follow the installation instructions. Cisco eReader for iPad is available for download from the Apple App Store.