Who should attend
This intensive, 4 day course is intended for network and system administrators, consultants and engineers that need to support Wireless LAN deployments.
Students should have basic networking knowledge, including understanding of the OSI Reference model and IP subnetting.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Introduction to 802.11 WLANs
- Radio Frequency Fundamentals
- Understand international, regional, and local RF spectrum management organizations
- Basic WLAN Analysis
- Coordinating 802.11 Frame Transmissions
- RF Math and System Operating Margin
- 802.11 Service Sets
- Challenges addressed by 802.11n
- Wireless LAN Operation
- WLAN Security
- Site Surveying
The Certified Wireless Network Administrator - CWNA course provides the networking professional a complete foundation of knowledge for entering into or advancing in the wireless networking industry. From basic RF theory to 802.11 frame exchange processes, this course delivers hands-on training that will benefit the novice as well as the experienced network professional.
This intensive course covers all that is required to prepare for the CWNA Certification:
It also ensures that students leave with real hands on skills. Hands-on exercises include the following:
- Spectrum Capture and Analysis
- Infrastructure Mode Throughput Analysis
- Using Laptop Analyzers
- Site Survey
- Basic WLAN Security
- Wireless Intrusion Prevention Systems