Who should attend
OpenVMS System Managers and Network Administrators who need to understand and administer the TCP/IP environment within OpenVMS.
The students should be familiar with general networking concepts and have system management experience with OpenVMS.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Describe TCP/IP as implemented on OpenVMS
- Understand IP addresses and masks
- Use TCP/IP for OpenVMS user and management commands
- Install and configure TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS
- Manage NFS on an OpenVMS system
- Configure and troubleshoot static and dynamic routing
- Configure failSAFE IP for IP Adress failover in the event of NIC faliure
- Manage BIND on an OpenVMS system
- Configure SSH, Manage SSH service and customize the SSH run-time environment
- Understand BOOTP, DHCP, NTP, SNMP, and SMTP
- Configure remote printing
- Troubleshoot TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS
- Present IPv6 concepts
This course is designed for computer professionals who need to understand and administer the TCP/IP environment in OpenVMS. This course provides information and experience to function in a networked environment that is focused on TCP/IP protocols. This course does not cover network internals.