Who should attend
- Database Administrators
- End Users
- Security Administrators
- Security Compliance Professionals
- System Integrator
- General knowledge of Windows environment
- General knowledge of relational database system
- Organize definitions into projects
- Create and use subrecords and subpages in an application
- Create and use views as the basis for summary pages, search records, and prompt tables
- Create records and pages that maintain parent-child relationships
- Demonstrate competence in PeopleSoft application development methodology
- Describe PeopleSoft application design and the technology behind this process
- Describe PeopleSoft data organization and validation
- Describe additional application development considerations
- Describe the elements of PeopleSoft Pure Internet Architecture
- Explain and implement tableset sharing
- Explain the buffer allocation process and its impact on application performance
- Implement the eight steps of application development
- Navigate PeopleSoft applications
- Search and audit application data
- Write PeopleCode programs to satisfy business requirements and enhance applications
The PeopleTools I portion of the course introduces the PeopleSoft application development methodology. Expert instructors offer a general description of PeopleSoft system architecture, along with the tool set used to develop new PeopleSoft applications, or customize existing ones.
- Develop new and customize existing PeopleSoft applications
- Create and deploy a PeopleSoft application
- Enhance applications and pages
- Create and use sub records and sub pages
- Create and modify PeopleSoft definitions
- Create and use views
Benefits To You:
Understand the PeopleSoft system architecture, application development methodology, and tool set so that you can efficiently build and customize PeopleSoft applications to meet your organization’s business requirements. Expand on your development and troubleshooting knowledge of PeopleTools so that you can readily incorporate complex features to further enhance the functionality of your PeopleSoft applications.
The PeopleTools II portion of the course expands on the skills acquired in PeopleTools I. In this part of the course, you'll gain advanced development and troubleshooting experience as you create applications that incorporate the following complex features: views, multiple occurs levels, tableset sharing, subrecords, subpages, links, style sheets, and PeopleCode.
PeopleSoft Application Designer
You also get hands-on experience with the PeopleSoft Application Designer to create and modify PeopleSoft definitions like fields, records, pages and components.
This course covers the content of the PeopleTools I and PeopleTools II Rel 8.53 courses. Please see the individual course descriptions for a comprehensive list of the topics covered.