Who should attend
- Database Administrators
- Working knowledge of Oracle Database 11g: Release 2, including Clusterware, ASM and RAC
- Describe the components of ASM
- Explain and apply Automatic Storage Management (ASM) initialization parameters
- Manage ASM instances and associated processes
- Monitor ASM using the V$ASM dynamic performance views
- Understand Flex ASM architecture and components
- Understand ASM Deployment Alternatives
- Install and configure Flex ASM
- Manage Flex ASM
- Employ ASM space management techniques
- Create and delete Automatic Storage Management (ASM) disk groups
- Set the attributes of an existing ASM disk group
- Perform ongoing maintenance tasks on ASM disk groups
- Explain key performance and scalability considerations for ASM disk groups
- Describe the Automatic Storage Management (ASM) architecture
- Use different client tools to access ASM files
- Describe the format of a fully qualified ASM file name
This Oracle Database 12c: ASM Administration training teaches you about Oracle ASM architecture. Expert Oracle University instructors will help you develop a deeper understanding of both standard ASM and Flex ASM applications.
- Administer ASM files, directories, templates, and disk groups.
- Manage and administer Oracle Cloud File System and its components.
- Configure and manage advanced CloudFS features like ACFS Auditing and Encryption, ACFS Replication and High Availability NFS.
Benefits to You
- Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds by learning about the Oracle Database 12c Grid Infrastructure, specifically Oracle ASM.