Who should attend
- Data Center Manager
- Network Administrator
- System Administrator
Familiarity with basic Unix network and storage concepts
- Work with InfiniBand partitions, VNICs and VLANs
- Use Exalogic lifecycle management tools
- Configure Exalogic for disaster recovery
- Locate and use checklists and worksheets to plan an installation
- View device status and health with ILOM
- Monitor rack hardware with Exalogic Control
- Perform storage administration and maintenance tasks
- Compare physical and virtual Exalogic configurations
This Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud 2.x: System Administration training helps you develop a deeper understanding of how Exalogic Elastic Cloud provides a high performance, high density, reliable and scalable data center solution based on ZFS storage, InfiniBand networking, Oracle VM and Oracle Linux. These unique components require specialized knowledge and skills; please note that this course is appropriate for X2-2, X3-2 and X4-2 users.
- Describe the initial configuration an Exalogic machine.
- Connect to and manage all Exalogic hardware components.
- Configure, mount, and monitor ZFS storage shares.
- Configure and monitor InfiniBand networks.
- Perform backup and recovery on an Exalogic system.
Benefits to You
Painlessly and seamlessly integrate Exalogic into your existing data center. Develop the knowledge and skills to use the right tools to monitor, secure and troubleshoot Exalogic systems, including the hardware and virtualization infrastructure.
Explore Shared Storage
Use the Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance to create shared file systems. Mount shared storage to hosts, and then monitor storage health and performance.
Learn InfiniBand Networking
Gain insight into the unique configuration and performance characteristics of Exalogic InfiniBand (IB). Monitor gateway and spine switches, including VNICs, VLANs, and partitions.
Understand Lifecycle Management
Perform regular system health checks and backups, and restore components if problems occur. Gather logs and other diagnostic information to help troubleshoot issues.