Who should attend
- Database Administrators
- Technical Consultant
- Support Engineer
- Technical Administrator
- Working knowledge of Oracle Database 11g: Release 2 on Linux Operating System
- Working knowledge of Oracle Clusterware, ASM & RAC on Linux
- Oracle Database 12c R2: RAC Administration
- Oracle Database 12c R2: RAC Administration Ed 2
- Describe the Oracle Clusterware architecture
- Describe Available Cluster Options
- Perform an image-based Grid Infrastructure installation
- Describe the scope and capabilities of what-if command evaluation
- Implement load-ware resource placement
- Implement server weight-based node eviction
- Describe the components and functions of Oracle Autonomous Health Framework
- Use the Cluster Resource Activity Log
- Describe and implement Clusterware resource groups
- Describe the Automatic Storage Management (ASM) architecture
- Understand Flex ASM architecture and components
- Manage Flex ASM Disk Group
- Create and delete Automatic Storage Management (ASM) disk groups
- Perform ongoing maintenance tasks on ASM disk groups
- Describe the Oracle Database 12c R2 ASM new features
Oracle Database 12c R2: Clusterware & ASM Admin Accelerated training covers 6 days worth of content in only 5 days. It starts with the Oracle Database 12c R2: Clusterware Admin Ed 2 course (4 days) and then covers the Oracle Database 12c R2: ASM Administration course (2 days). Learn about Oracle Clusterware and ASM architectures and how these products work together.
- Describe available cluster configuration options.
- Install Standalone Flex clusters.
- Add and remove nodes from a cluster in addition to upgrading and patching existing Grid Homes
- Manage and administer both Traditional Clusters and Policy-Managed Clusters.
- Monitor and Troubleshoot Oracle Clusterware.
- Use Oracle Clusterware to make applications highly available.
- Administer ASM files, directories, templates, and disk groups.
- Manage and administer Oracle ASM File System and its components.
- Gain an understanding of ASM New Features.
Benefits to You
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds by learning about the Oracle Database 12c R2 Grid Infrastructure, specifically about Oracle Cluster and Oracle ASM.