Who should attend
Experienced system administrators, system engineers, and system integrators
You must complete one of the following prerequisites:
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V7] (VSICM7) course
- Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server
Experience with working at the command line is highly recommended.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Configure and manage vSphere networking and storage for a large and sophisticated enterprise
- Use VMware vSphere® Client™ to manage certificates
- Use Identity Federation to configure VMware vCenter Server® to use Microsoft ADFS
- Use VMware vSphere® Trust Authority™ to secure the infrastructure for encrypted VMs
- Use host profiles to manage VMware ESXi™ host compliance
- Create and manage a content library for deploying virtual machines
- Manage VM resource usage with resource pools
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators for compute, storage, and networking resources for ESXi hosts
- Optimize the performance of ESXi and VMware vCenter Server®
- Discuss the purpose and capabilities of VMware vSphere® with Kubernetes and how it fits into the VMware Tanzu™ portfolio
This five-day course teaches you advanced skills for configuring and maintaining a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure. Through a mix of lecture and hands-on labs, you configure and optimize the VMware vSphere® 7 features that build a foundation for a truly scalable infrastructure, and you discuss when and where these features have the greatest effect.
Attend this course to deepen your understanding of vSphere and learn how its advanced features and controls can benefit your organization.
- ESXi 7
- vCenter Server 7