The PowerScale Administration course prepares students to perform Dell EMC PowerScale cluster and OneFS 9.0 implementation, configuration, and administration. Topics include and overview of hardware, the configuration and verification of basic and advanced networking, authentication, identity management and authorization, client and data access, data layout, and OneFS modules such as SmartPools, SnapshotIQ, SyncIQ, SmartDedup, and others. This training consists of 8 modules. The total time required to complete this course and the accompanying lab exercises is approximately 5 days.
This course is an update to the Isilon Administration and Management course.
Who should attend
This course is intended for Dell Technologies partner and customer personnel involved with the administration of PowerScale solutions.
To understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student must have a suitable knowledgebase/skill set. The student must understand:
- PowerScale Concepts (Course ID: ES131STG01028)
- PowerScale Implementation
- Networking fundamentals such as TCP/IP, DNS and routing
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the PowerScale cluster architecture
- Explain the building blocks of a PowerScale cluster and different types of access to the cluster
- Navigate the details of client and file access
- Configure OneFS features
- Utilize the tools to perform cluster monitoring