This course provides a complete view of installing, upgrading, expanding a PowerFlex and Ready Node system. Installation methods for Linux and ESXi environments are introduced and you will perform hands-on installation and upgrade of a PowerFlex cluster. It also includes working with the MDM, SDS, SDC, volumes, adjusting cache, and administrating the system. A deeper understanding of the architecture and components will be introduced. Labs, simulations, and video demonstrations are also provided for a complete learning experience.
Who should attend
This course is intended for those who will be involved in installing, expanding and upgrading a PowerFlex solution. It is also intended for those who will be involved in configuring, managing, administering, and provisioning a PowerFlex solution.
To understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student must have a suitable knowledgebase/skill set. The student must have an understanding of:
- Storage networking infrastructures and concepts
- Monitoring and reporting concepts
- Virtualized data center concepts
- PowerFlex product concepts
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Introduction to PowerFlex
- Install a PowerFlex system (ESXi and Linux).
- Implement Native asynchronous replication in a PowerFlex cluster.
- Upgrade PowerFlex cluster from v3.0 to v3.5.
- Perform a PowerFlex Cluster Expansion.
- Manage system user accounts and secure the PowerFlex system.
- Create, map, and protect PowerFlex volumes and manage system capacity.
- Monitor and Troubleshoot a PowerFlex System.