The PowerProtect DP series appliance Administration course explains the purpose and use of PowerProtect DP series appliances. Students learn key terms and concepts, use cases, and key features and functionalities. The course provides the knowledge and skills for configuring, managing, and maintaining the DP series appliances. Respective backup and restore configurations are created for different production environments (VMware virtual machines, application server, NAS). The DP series appliance components ACM, IDPA System Manager, Backup Server (Avamar), Protection Storage (PowerProtect DD system), Reporting and Analytics (DPA), and Search are covered.
The course has an accompanying lab environment that aligns with this course to reinforce the learned knowledge through exercises.
Who should attend
This course is available for all audiences. It is intended for students who plan on using and administering the PowerProtect DP series appliances.
To understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student must have a suitable knowledgebase or skill set. The student must understand general backup scenarios, software and application backup tasks and challenges.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain how the PowerProtect DP series appliance provides solutions to backup challenges.
- Access and manage with the user interface of the DP series appliance.
- Describe and create backup policies.
- Perform scheduled and on-demand backups and restores.
- Deploy and configure an NDMP environment for NAS backups and restores.
- Describe and configure the Protection Storage.
- Configure and manage search and restore tasks.
- Access and configure reporting and analytics for the DP series appliance.
- Monitor the utilized storage capacity of the DP series appliance.
- Describe and configure replication scenarios.
- List support and troubleshooting resources for your daily work with the DP series appliances.
PowerProtect DP Series Appliance Concepts
- DP Series Appliance Family
- DP Series Appliance Architecture
- DP Series User Interface for Configuration and Management
Dell EMC PowerProtect DP Series Appliance Overview
- ACM and DP Series Components
- IDPA System Manager
Backup and Restore
- Manage Policies
- VMware Protection
- Perform Backup and Restores
- Fitness Analyzer
NDMP Accelerator for NAS Systems
- DD Boost
- Cloud Tier
Search for Backups
- Types of Searches
- Search Restore Management
Reporting and Analytics
Protection Storage – Capacity Monitoring and Expansion
PowerProtect DP Series Appliance and Replication
- Replication Introduction
- Policy-Based Replication
- Dell EMC Cloud DR