This course extends the CIFS information that is found in the ONTAP Cluster Administration course. This course reviews SMB and explores in more detail SMB 3.x and the features of ONTAP 9 software that support the SMB protocol. The exercises are accomplished using ONTAP 9 software.
Who should attend
Professionals who implement SMB solutions who use NetApp storage systems.
NetApp employees, channel partners, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) partners, authorized learning partners, and customers.
- ONTAP Cluster Administration
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory
This course focuses on enabling you to do the following:
- Explain the CIFS and SMB protocol
- Demonstrate the Windows PowerShell CLI
- Configure SMB features using ONTAP 9 software
- Create and manage SMB shares and sessions
- Secure SMB sessions
- Configure ONTAP for multiprotocol data access
- Discuss SMB advanced topics, such as opportunistic locks (oplocks), BranchCache, auditing, group policy, automatic home shares, symbolic links (symlinks), and widelinks [/list}