A Splunk Core Certified Power User has a basic understanding of SPL searching and reporting commands and can create knowledge objects, use field aliases and calculated fields, create tags and event types, use macros, create workflow actions and data models, and normalize data with the Common Information Model in either the Splunk Enterprise or Splunk Cloud platforms. This certification demonstrates an individual's foundational competence in Splunk’s core software.
A Splunk Core Certified Advanced Power User has greater depth of knowledge and skills in complex searching and reporting commands, advanced use cases of knowledge objects, and best practices for building dashboards and forms. This certification demonstrates an individual’s ability to generate complex searches, reports, and dashboards with Splunk’s core software to get the most out of their data.
This Learning Path is usually delivered over a period of 2 weeks, but students can choose to schedule their modules in an alternative timeline.
Who should attend
Candidates who wish to prepare for the Splunk Core Certified Advanced Power User exam and who have not completed the prerequisite Splunk Core Certified Power User exam.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
To prepare for any Splunk Certification-Based Learning Path, students should complete these free introductory e-learning modules:
- What is Splunk? (WIS)
- Intro to Splunk (ITS)
- Using Fields (Free) (SUFF) OR Using Fields (SUF) (fee required; includes hands-on labs)
And before starting this Fast Track Learning Path, students should complete these free e-learning modules:
This Learning Path contains the following modules:
- Working with Time (WWT)
- Statistical Processing (SSP)
- Comparing Values (SCV)
- Result Modification (SRM)
- Leveraging Lookups and Subsearches (LLS)
- Correlation Analysis (SCLAS)
- Search Under the Hood (SUH) e-learning
- Intro to Knowledge Objects (IKO) e-learning
- Creating Knowledge Objects (CKO)
- Creating Field Extractions (CFE)
- Data Models (SDM)
- Enriching Data with Lookups (EDL)
- Using Choropleth (SUC)
- Multivalue Fields (SMV)
- Search Optimization (SSO)
- Introduction to Dashboards (ITD)
- Dynamic Dashboards (SDD)