This is a free e-learning module that is part of multiple learning paths. This module should be consumed in the sequence recommended in the corresponding learning paths.
Intro to Splunk eLearning module (recommended)
- Using knowledge objects to discover and analyze data
- Developing naming conventions for knowledge objects
- Defining permissions for knowledge objects
- Managing knowledge objects
This eLearning module teaches students about how different types of knowledge objects to extract additional insights from their data. Students will learn the basics of how to create knowledge objects, define their settings, edit, and manage existing knowledge objects.
Topic 1 – What Are Knowledge Objects?
- Understand the different types of knowledge objects:
- Field Extractions
- Field aliases
- Calculated fields
- Event types
- Workflow actions
- Data models
Topic 2 – Knowledge Object Settings
- Define naming conventions
- Define role-based permissions for knowledge objects
Topic 3 – Managing Knowledge Objects
- Edit knowledge objects
- Reassign knowledge objects