This two day course introduces students to SUSE Cloud Application Platform (CAP). The course is focused on Developers wanting to run their apps on a CAP cluster the easiest way possible, by running a single command – cf push.
This course will prepare participants to take and pass the SUSE Certified Administrator (SCA) in SUSE Cloud Application Platform 2.
Who should attend
Developers wanting to run their apps on a SUSE Cloud Application Platform cluster.
Attendees should have basic Linux understanding to enter commands and verify their return status in BASH terminal shell, and also modify files using basic Linux editors provided.
In this course, attendees will learn to:
- Understand basic architecture of Cloud Foundry and CAP
- Understand principles of Cloud Native Applications
- Use the CLI utility cf to create apps in CAP and manage them
- Configure the apps to use database services for persistent data
- Backup and restore the Cloud Foundry configuration database and the apps in CAP
- Interact with CAP using the Stratos Console Web GUI
- Section 1: Introduction to Cloud Foundry and SUSE CAP
- Section 2: SUSE Cloud Application Platform
- Section 3: Cloud Native Applications
- Section 4: cf CLI Utility
- Section 5: Services
- Section 6: Backup and Restore
- Section 7: Stratos Console