Who should attend
Network professionals who work with enterprise networks and VMware Sphere® 6.x.
- Knowledge and working experience of computer networking, including:
- Switching and routing technologies (L2-3)
- Network and application delivery services (L4-7)
- Knowledge and working experience of vSphere
- Knowledge and working experience of NSX installation, configuration, management, and operations
Before taking this course, you should attend either the VMware NSX: Install, Configure, Manage (NSXICM) course or the !VM-NSXFT course.
The VMware Certified Professional 6 – Network Virtualization (VCP6-NV) certification is recommended.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Establish and apply a structured troubleshooting approach and methodology
- Explain the native NSX tools, VMware vRealize® Suite tools, and partner tools that are useful for monitoring, troubleshooting, and operations
- Explain the NSX infrastructure components and the communications between them
- Identify, analyze, and troubleshoot problems related to the NSX management, control, and data planes
- Identify, analyze and troubleshoot problems related to NSX logical switching, logical routing, and VMware NSX® Edge™ services
- Identify, analyze, and troubleshoot network security problems related to the NSX distributed firewall and the NSX Edge firewall
This five-day, hands-on training course provides you with the advanced knowledge, skills, and tools to achieve competence in operating and troubleshooting the VMware NSX® 6.4 environment. In this course, you are introduced to several operational, management, and troubleshooting tools. You will be presented with various types of technical problems, which you will identify, analyze, and solve through a systematic process.