In this course, you learn about Cloud Functions, Google's serverless, fully-managed functions as a service (FaaS) product. With Cloud Functions, you implement single- purpose functions that respond to HTTP requests and process events from your cloud infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Google Cloud console, gcloud CLI, and basic programming experience in Node.js or Python.
- Some understanding of other Google Cloud services that include Cloud Storage, and Pub/Sub.
- Understanding of HTTP, and experience with using HTTP client tools like curl.
- Completion of the Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure course is recommended.
- Recognize the benefits of and use cases for Cloud Functions in modern application development.
- Understand how to build, test, and deploy Cloud Functions.
- Secure and connect Cloud Functions to resources, and cloud databases.
- Use best practices with Cloud Functions.