Oracle Database 12c R2: Backup and Recovery Workshop (D78850)
In this Oracle Database 12c R2: Backup and Recovery Workshop, students learn how to perform backup and recovery based on the related Oracle Database architecture components. Various backup, failure, restore, and recovery scenarios are provided so that students learn to evaluate their own recovery requirements and develop an appropriate strategy for backup and recovery procedures. This course includes an interactive workshop, with scenarios that provide participants with opportunities to diagnose and recover from several failure situations.
- Develop appropriate backup and recovery procedures to address your business needs.
- Implement backup and recovery settings and perform backup operations to disk and tape.
- Employ Oracle Database recovery procedures to recover from media and other failures.
- Diagnose and repair data failures.
- Use Flashback Technologies and data duplication to complement backup and recovery procedures.
- Secure the availability of your database by appropriate backup and recovery strategies.
Benefits To You
The student benefits by gaining a deeper understanding of possibly the most important job of a DBA – backup and recovery. The concepts and architecture that support backup and recovery, along with the steps of how to carry it out in various ways and situations, are covered in detail. Students gain knowledge of the Recovery Manager (RMAN) command line interface for various backup, failure, restore, and recovery scenarios, including tape backup and data duplication. (Familiarity with basic database tools and utilities, such as, SQL*Plus, is assumed.)
Extensive hands-on practices and workshop scenarios provide the student with experience in a realistic technical environment. This course includes an interactive workshop that provide participants with opportunities to diagnose and recover from several failure scenarios, based on backup and recovery case studies. After completing this course, students should be able to evaluate their own recovery requirements and develop an appropriate strategy for backup and recovery procedures.
Who should attend
- Database Administrators
- Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Technical Administrator
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Knowledge of Oracle Database 12c
- Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL (for DBA use)
- Oracle Database 12c R2: Administration Workshop (D78846)
- Describe the Oracle Database architecture components related to backup and recovery operations
- Plan effective backup and recovery procedures
- Describe Oracle Database backup methods and recovery operations that can be used to resolve database failure
- Configure the database for recoverability
- Use Recovery Manager (RMAN) to create backups and perform recovery operations
- Use the Data Recovery Advisor to diagnose and repair failures
- Use Oracle Flashback Technologies to recover from human error
- Perform an encrypted database backup and restore
- Perform tablespace point-in-time recovery
- Describe Cloud Tooling for Backup and Recovery
- Getting Started
- Configuring for Recoverablility
- Using the RMAN Recovery Catalog
- Backup Strategies and Terminology
- Performing Backups
- Improving Your Backups
- Using RMAN-Encrypted Backups
- Diagnosing Failures
- Restore and Recovery Concepts
- Performing Recovery, Part I
- Performing Recovery, Part II
- RMAN and Oracle Secure Backup
- Using Flashback Technologies
- Using Flashback Database
- Transporting Data
- Performing Point-in-Time Recovery
- Duplicating a Database
- RMAN Troubleshooting and Tuning
- Cloud Tooling for Backup and Recovery
- Backup and Recovery Workshop
Op dit moment is deze training niet beschikbaar in het open rooster. De kans is echter groot dat wij u toch een passende oplossing kunnen bieden. Wij horen graag wat uw specifieke wensen zijn. U bereikt ons via 030 658 2131 of email@example.com. We helpen u graag! Vraag een datum aan