Who should attend
The course is designed for those who already have experience with Linux, including general system configuration and using the command line. The course is ideal for those seeking advanced administration skills on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15, those who have completed the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 Administration (SLE201V15) course and those preparing to take the SUSE Certified Engineer in Enterprise Linux 15 certification exam.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Before attending this course, it is highly recommended that students have a good working knowledge of Linux and should be able to:
- Perform partitioning and file system setup and maintenance
- Perform system configuration including network setup and user management
- Manage software packages
- Work on the command line including file management and text editing
This knowledge can be gained through SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 Administration (SLE201V15).
During this course you will learn:
- System Optimization
- Control Groups
- Manage encryption
- Use the Shell efficiently and create Shell scripts
- Manage Hardware and Drivers
- Advanced Networking configuration
- iSCSI and Multipath IO
- Centralized Authentication
- Packaging software and managing system updates
- Configuration Management using Salt
The course SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 Advanced Administration builds upon the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 Administration course and teaches advanced system administration tasks on SLES 15.
Attending students should have a good working knowledge of general system configuration and working with the Linux command line. After attending the course, the student should be capable of administering SLES 15 and be able to deal with specialized networking and storage configuration. They should also have a solid understanding of basic Bash scripting.
This course helps prepare students for the SUSE Certified Engineer in Enterprise Linux 15 certification exam.