Who should attend
This course is designed for those who are new to Kubernetes and containers, as well as those who have had exposure but would like to cement and round-out their knowledge. No prior knowledge of Kubernetes is required. This course is suitable for developers, operations, architects and anyone seeking to gain a strong foundation in modern, cloud-native software delivery.
This course introduces participants to container orchestration with Kubernetes. Attendees will master the foundational concepts of Kubernetes in development and production through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, including building and deploying Kubernetes applications, cloud-native Continuous Delivery, and cluster monitoring and debugging. This course also covers system components, core resources, and the requirements for minimum viable cluster security.
- What real-world problems does Kubernetes solve?
- Kubernetes in historical context
- Container basics: Linux cgroups and namespaces
- Core resources and kubectl
- Kubernetes system components
- Container networking
- Developer workflow
- Deploying an application: CI pipeline, containerisation, testing, secure configuration, liveness & readiness probes, and useful kubectl tips
- Interactive cluster debugging