- Expert knowledge of Cisco Voice over IP (VoIP) products and solutions in an enterprise environment;
- Capable of building and configuring complex end-to-end telephony network, troubleshooting and resolving VoIP-related problems;
- Core IP routing not required, but must ensure quality of service using in-depth understanding of Layer 2 and 3 network infrastructure.
There are no formal prerequisites for CCIE certification; other professional certifications or training courses are not required. Instead, candidates must first pass a written qualification exam and then the corresponding hands-on lab exam. You are expected to have an in-depth understanding of the exam topics. It is strongly recommended to have three to five years of job experience before attempting certification.
Step One: CCIE Written Exam You must pass a two-hour, written qualification exam before you are allowed to schedule the Lab Exam. Please visit www.cisco.com/go/ccie for Exam Blueprints, Book Lists or Tips. Fast Lane recommends you to attend the courses in the relevant Professional Level first, for example CCNP for CCIE Routing & Switching. The exams are closed book and no outside reference materials are allowed.
Step Two: CCIE Lab Exam The Lab Exams are eight-hour exams and take place at location of Cisco Systems. You must pass the lab within three years of passing the written to achieve certification. Your first lab attempt must be made within 18 months.
Recommended training for this certification
Please visit www.cisco.com/go/ccie for Exam Blueprints, Book Lists or Tips.
!CCIE Voice Bootcamp (CCIEV)
CCIE Lab Exam
Active CCIE status shows your commitment to maintaining expert-level knowledge in an industry critical to the success of virtually every organization. CCIEs are encouraged to continually expand their technical knowledge and are required to pass a recertification exam every two years. If you do not complete your recertification before the deadlines, your CCIE certification will be suspended and you and your employer will lose the benefits associated with your expert status. You have one year to reinstate your CCIE status before you becomes inactive and must begin the certification process all over again.
- To maintain active CCIE status, CCIEs are required to pass either a CCIE written exam of their choosing from among all of the currently available written exams, or a CCIE lab exam in a new track every 24 months.
- CCIE certification automatically extends other Cisco Career Certifications, such as CCNP or CCNA.
- Candidates can only apply one passed written exam towards recertification for every 24 month recertification period.
- Candidates must wait five calendar days between attempts at the written exam.
- Certification candidates are responsible for keeping track of their certification expiration dates. Please plan your recertification accordingly. If your CCIE recertification requirements are not completed on or before the certification's expiration date, your CCIE certification will be suspended for one year. Candidates have one year to recertify their CCIE certification by passing the required written exam. If a candidate does not recertify prior to the one year suspension period, all CCIE certification requirements must be completed again to obtain the certification (pass both the written exam and the lab exam.)
- Be sure to use the same ID number you were assigned for your original qualification exam to ensure your profile is updated accurately. If you have any questions about which ID number to use, contact CCIE support.