This course teaches IT Professionals experienced in SAP solutions how to leverage Azure resources that include deployment and configuration of virtual machines, virtual networks, storage accounts, and Azure AD that includes implementing and managing hybrid identities. Students of this course will learn through concepts, scenarios, procedures, and hands-on labs how to best plan and implement migration and operation of an SAP solution on Azure. Your will receive guidance on subscriptions, create and scale virtual machines, implement storage solutions, configure virtual networking, back up and share data, connect Azure and on-premises sites, manage network traffic, implement Azure Active Directory, secure identities, and monitor your solution.
Who should attend
This course is for Azure Administrators who migrate and manage SAP solutions on Azure. Azure Administrators manage the cloud services that span storage, networking, and compute cloud capabilities, with a deep understanding of each service across the full IT lifecycle. They take end-user requests for new cloud applications and make recommendations on services to use for optimal performance and scale, as well as provision, size, monitor and adjust as appropriate. This role requires communicating and coordinating with vendors. Azure Administrators use the Azure Portal and as they become more proficient they use PowerShell and the Command Line Interface.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Before attending this course, students should have:
- Hands-on experience with Azure IaaS and PaaS solutions, including VM, VNet, Load Balancers, Storage (Blob, Files, Disks).
- Understanding of on-premises and cloud virtualization technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts
- Experience with Linux/Unix environments.
- Solid knowledge of SAP Applications, SAP HANA, S/4HANA, SAP NetWeaver, SAP BW, OS Servers for SAP Applications and Databases.
- Understanding of SAP HANA deployment and configuration.
- Hands-on experience with SAP HANA administration.
Prerequisite Courses (or equivalent knowledge and hands-on experience):
- Knowledge of SAP products such as SAP HANA or SAP NetWeaver
- Explore Azure for SAP workloads
- Discover common terms and meanings for SAP on Azure
- Identify SAP-certified configurations
- Examine SAP NetWeaver with AnyDB on Azure virtual machines
- Examine SAP S/4HANA on Azure virtual machines
- Explore Azure for SAP compute
- Explore Azure for SAP networking
- Explore Azure for SAP storage
- Explore Azure for SAP databases
- Explore identity services for SAP on Azure
- Explore remote management for SAP on Azure
- Explore governance and manageability for SAP on Azure
- Deploy single-instance implementations of SAP on Azure (2-tier and 3-tier)
- Implement high availability in SAP NetWeaver with AnyDB on Azure virtual machines
- Implement high availability for SAP workloads in Azure
- Implement disaster recovery for SAP workloads in Azure
- Perform backups and restores for SAP workloads on Azure
- Use the planning and deployment checklist for SAP workloads on Azure
- Explore migration options for SAP on Azure
- Migrate very large databases (VLDB) to Azure for SAP
- Explore monitoring requirements of Azure for SAP workloads
- Configure the Azure Enhanced Monitoring Extension for SAP
- Explore licensing, pricing, and support for SAP on Azure virtual machines