Who should attend
Integrating with Force.com is ideal for independent software vendors (ISVs), customer developers, and system integrators wanting to learn how to design and build integrations with Force.com cloud platform applications.
It is not necessary to be a Force.com developer to take this course; however, we recommend that participants be familiar with the Force.com platform and proficient in an object-oriented programming language such as Java or C#.
Integrating with Force.com covers the key elements of how to design and implement all types of integrations with the Force.com cloud platform. The course introduces the major integration mechanisms available on the Force.com platform, such as the APIs and the built-in declarative functionalities. In subsequent modules, participants explore the technologies that play specific roles in integrating with the platform, including Force.com Web service APIs, Apex, and outbound messaging. Note: To get the most out of this course, you should be comfortable writing object-oriented code. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify various integration techniques.
- Develop methods for integrating with Force.com.
- Identify the advantages of various integration techniques.
- Integrate with Force.com Web services.
- Build custom Web services.
- Build Force.com sites and portals.
- Integrations Overview
- Security and Authorization, and Authentication
- Working with Salesforce Data
- SOAP API
- Force.com REST APIs
- Force.com Bulk API
- Force.com Streaming API
- Data Loader in Architecture
- Apex, Data Loader and Integrations
- Declarative Integration Features
- Visualforce, Portals, Sites, Site.com, and Ideas Integration
- Design Workshop